April 2020 Hokie Family eNews
“While we work through the worst of this pandemic, I ask every Hokie to give a virtual nod, flash a ‘VT’ sign, or make eye contact as you pass, acknowledging that we are in this together for the greater good.”
— President Tim Sands
By the numbers:
- 95 – FREE virtual workouts through Rec Sports and their partnership with Les Mills. Families can also access free virtual fitness classes taught by student instructors, tips to fight anxiety, and more through our expanded well-being website.
Nina Tarr is finishing her junior year in her apartment in Blacksburg. Her parents live in Italy.
- Hokies step up to deliver meals to school students
- Virginia Tech Police Officer of the Year’s passion for learning an asset to campus safety and security
- Virginia Tech team leading the charge for student-driven innovation
- Nahum Arav part of team to discover quasar tsunamis capable of preventing stars from forming
Many of you have asked how you can help our students during this extraordinary time. For those of you who want to give, the Student Emergency Fund, managed by the Dean of Students Office, is a powerful way to make a difference.