Time to leave the locker accessories on the shelf—you’re in the big leagues now. Fear not! We’ve got the packing list of all packing lists for you.
It includes linens, electronics, cookware, personal documents, and study tools, among other things you won’t want to forget. Also, plan on bringing a heavy coat, rain jacket, sturdy umbrella, and waterproof shoes. Winter is coming, y’all.
Imagine thousands of people, donning orange and maroon gear, stampeding toward residence halls, lugging boxes and bags and bins galore.
That’s move-in. It’s nowhere near as terrifying as it sounds because all those thousands are Hokies! Everyone’s excited to get to campus, many are feeling all the emotions that surface when leaving their families, and it’s the first day of your new adventure as a student at Virginia Tech. But, to make the process seamless, make sure you have a plan.
2019 move-in dates will be posted soon!
When in doubt, look for someone in a blue shirt. Those are Hokie Helpers—they’re a special breed of Hokie who love helping their community, and they are all a part of the Hokie Nation; student, staff, faculty, and community volunteers. Hokie Helpers do it all, from giving directions to helping unload vehicles, carrying stuff, and even handing out snacks and water.
- Resident advisors will be available throughout the move-in process.
- Visit 4Help for all your computing support needs.
- See your assignment notice for details and parking information.
- Check out the move-in site for all the information you'll need for move-in day.
- Wednesday move-in days tend to be the busiest—plan accordingly!