Fall Family Weekend - September 20-22, 2019
Family Weekends are a time for you and your student to reconnect. We encourage you to explore the New River Valley, Blacksburg, and the Virginia Tech campus. Special events include athletic competitions, exhibitions, featured dining events, information sessions, open houses, presentations, outdoor activities, and tours. No matter what type of event or activity you enjoy most, make sure to spend some time making lasting memories with your student.
The Fall Family Weekend 2019 schedule offers something for everyone. Events include:
- Family information sessions on student well-being resources, second year housing options, how to support the mental health of your student, why student involvement is important, becoming active in the Virginia Tech Parent Council, strengths-based parenting, career-related experiences, a Fraternity and Sorority Life student panel, and more.
- The academic showcase fair.
- A taste of Virginia Tech’s award-winning dining, with a brunch at Owens Food Court and An Evening at Homefield Farm.
- A tour of historic Downtown Blacksburg.
- Challenge Course sessions, a Venture Out canoe trip, moonlight yoga, and a sibling tournament sponsored by Virginia Tech Recreational Sports.
- Volleyball and soccer games.
- Campus open houses, including the Ware Laboratory, the Virginia Tech brewhouse, Living-Learning Communities, the Bradley Study Center, and a backstage tour at the Moss Arts Center.
- A meet-and-greet with Housing and Residence Life staff.
- Hokie Family Feud.
- Movie in Lane Stadium: Toy Story 4, sponsored by VTU.
- GobblerNights: Viva Las Vegas.
Registration for Fall Family Weekend 2019 individual events is only available within the Hokies on Track app. For the complete Fall Family Weekend schedule — and for all things HOKIE — download our app!
Fall Family Weekend is supported, in part, by the Hokie Family Annual Fund. Through the Hokie Family Annual Fund, you can make an immediate and positive impact on your student’s experience, from orientation to graduation.