Earn money. And so much more.
You came to Virginia Tech to get a degree. Get more from your VT experience. Connect your academic and real-world preparation with a job in Student Affairs.
With a part-time job in Student Affairs, you’ll earn money while learning practical, transferable workplace skills and developing personal qualities that enhance future employability.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Oral and written communications
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Emerging technology adaptability
- Leadership skills to guide, motivate, organize, prioritize, and delegate
- Professionalism, integrity, and a strong work ethic
- Time management
- Global and intercultural confidence to interact respectfully with people of diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints.
Student Affairs Opportunities
Federal Work-Study, Internships, and Career Opportunities
Prepare for your future and reduce college debt with a job that gives you the flexibility to plan your work hours around your academic schedule. Define and achieve your career goals as you learn to identify and articulate your skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences.
Other Student Employment Offerings
National Association of Colleges and Employers -- Career Readiness Defined
Research and Practice in Assessment -- Student Employee Development in Student Affairs