Families as Partners
Welcome to the Hokie Nation!
At Virginia Tech, we recognize the important role families play in the success and development of our students—and that family can mean many things to students. We look forward to meeting you! We encourage you to participate in Family Orientation, subscribe to the Hokie Family eNews, and to create an account on the Hokie Family Hub, as important information and resources will be shared. We also encourage you to participate in the Families as Partners session during the summer.
- Learn what to expect during your student’s first year.
- Learn about resources and programs that can help your student.
- Meet members of the Hokie Nation, including current students and other new families.
- And so much more.
Families as Partners "One-Stop Shop" Webinars
Join us for the Families as Partners "One-Stop Shop" Webinars, hosted by New Student and Family Programs. You will have the opportunity to hear from multiple university departments and have your frequently asked questions answered. These webinars will include information from Housing Services, Residential Well-being, Academic Advising Initiatives, Dining Services, and the University Bursar. (Length: 1.5 hours)
- June 14, 2023 @ 6-7:30 p.m. EST - https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/81328627064
- July 5, 2023 @ 6-7:30 p.m. EST - https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/84865703197
- July 26, 2023 @ 6-7:30 p.m. EST - https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/81247060207
Should family members participate in orientation?
- Yes! Family members can learn how to offer support and promote overall success.
What is Families as Partners?
- Families as Partners is a program designed for families to learn about Virginia Tech's framework for family support. The conversation will center around: Relationships, Letting go vs letting grow, communication, Academic/Financial Management, and making choices. We invite the proud Hokie Families to partner with us for their students' success.
How do I register for a Families as Partners session?
- Registration information will be added here as it becomes available. Please check back soon for the latest updates.
Where can I find the Family Orientation sessions?
- To complete orientation, visit orientation.vt.edu and click on "Family Member".
If you have any questions, contact New Student and Family Programs at 540-231-3284 or email@example.com.