Welcome to the Hokie Nation!
At Virginia Tech, we recognize the important role families play in the success and development of our students—and that family can mean many things to students. We look forward to meeting you!
We encourage you to participate in our online orientation experience. You can expect videos and important information delivered straight to your inbox and a virtual Family Orientation on the date your student selects for Virtual Orientation.
- Learn what to expect during your student’s first year.
- Learn about resources and programs that can help your student.
- Meet members of the Hokie Nation, including current students and other new families.
- And so much more.
It is free for family members to participate. Your student can sign you up as their guest when they register for Orientation. They should register any member of your family who wants to receive information and attend Family Orientation.
Your student can sign you up to attend as a guest when they register.
Should family members participate?
- Yes! Family members can learn how to offer support and promote overall success.
When is Family Orientation?
- Your live Family Orientation session will be 6-8 p.m. EST on the date your student selects when they register for Orientation. In addition, you will receive videos and important information in your email before and after the live session. Live sessions are June 29-July 28.
How do I sign up and attend?
- When your student registers for Orientation, they should register you as a guest. You will receive an email with a link to attend your Family Orientation session.
What if my student did not register me as a guest or include my email address?
- They can log back in using the link they received from firstname.lastname@example.org to make changes and add your information.
Where can I find the link for my Family Orientation session?
- In the email you received from VisualZen.